○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Riot Games... I Love You So Much!

Wow, another announcement from Riot Games today in regards to the Summoner's Code for League of Legends on the Personal Computer. I just love how these guys are very local about telling players that they just cannot ruin the game for everyone else playing it by being rude or doing other unacceptable things in the game. The best part of the message:

"That being said, even if you have the patience of a saint, you're eventually going to run into a player who's extremely determined to be rude. If you've tried being patient and polite with a problematic individual, and they've just plain hit your last nerve, please help us enforce the code by taking a moment to send us a player report at the end of your game by right clicking the summoners name, and selecting the Report option. We read your reports, and make a diligent effort to suspend those persons who are potentially ruining games for others."

The one clear message here is that those who have experienced playing with the not-so-nice players should have the instance reported and this is something that I do very diligently. Just the other day, this person just came out of the blue during the champion selection screen telling me that he wanted me banned for picking the champion I picked without even telling me why or giving me a suggestion of which champion could benefit the team more. Then, I reminded the player that we need to start the game with a positive attitude and also that the player is not adhering to the Summoner's Code. Of course I got a very hateful "F%$k your Summoner's Code" as a response. I didn't argue with that person after that: I always make sure that I keep my behavior in check but after the game was over, I reported the player. If enough people are doing this, I am sure that the troublemakers will think twice about being rude in this game. But yes, my love for LoL has just been multiplied by the millions, thanks to this latest announcement!

No comments: