○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Game Alert: Game-Packed Wednesday!

4 new games were inducted into my Game Library yesterday but they came sporadically throughout the day that I decided to just combine them into one announcement. The first is Sonic Colors for the Nintendo Wii. And I just started playing Sonic Unleashed again! I still plan to keep Unleashed in my gaming schedule however. Colors is certainly a better return to form than Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I could ever be. Though it includes modern elements like cut-scenes that would interject before or after a stage, the game doesn't have the unnecessary exploration sections found in recent Sonic titles. The stage design is very traditional where each world is comprised of many stages before a boss fight and you access these stages via a map. No unnecessary hub stages here: just pure fun. Is it better than Unleashed? Well, it doesn't have the Werehog so the answer to that is a definite yes.

Sonic is finally on the right path towards redemption.

Why perform it when you can "preform" it? Never trust the spellchecker!

Next is Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the Personal Computer. This game is more Burnout than it is Hot Pursuit since it was developed by the good people at Criterion Games but it is a lot of fun and has a really robust online feature. One thing to note is that unlike the disappointing Blur, the online profile creation here doesn't feel tacked-on compared to its console counterparts since you can still take the picture of your own face to customize it. The last two games are Monopoly Street and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction for the X-Box 360. As you may know by now, I love my Culdcept and Culdcept Saga but that also means that I love the original Monopoly since those games are just clever variants of the original formula. There have been a lot of previous Monopoly titles in the past but none of them interest me due to the lack of graphical innovation and online play. Well, Streets have both where the board is transformed into a 3D city that changes as the game progressed and the game can now be played online. This 360 version allows you to use your Live avatar to represent yourself in the game so it is definitely the better version compared to the PlayStation 3 release.

Loving the twist on the series' iconic imagery.

The version that I got for Conviction is the Collector's Edition release and it comes with a fancy USB card, extra in-game contents in the form of an armor and a weapon, some throwaway decals, a badly made art book, and most importantly, the Steelbook DVD case! The USB drive was supposed to contain extra materials but apparently, there was a problem with this ever since the release day. Many people have found theirs to be unusable and thankfully, mine still works - it's just that it contains nothing inside of it. The content was made available for everyone to download from the game website so I decided to do just that and installed all of them into the USB. As for the game itself, I like the Splinter Cell series. I have pretty much all of them since the X-Box days. I do like the fact that Conviction is a bit streamlined and less complex to play. I sure hope that I will be able to find fun people to play the online co-op mode with since this game is pretty much past its prime.

So stealthy!

No comments: