○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, November 29, 2010

Console Cameras/Sensors Solution

With Microsoft and Sony joining in on the "motion control" gaming arena, if you have all 3 current generation consoles. you know that placing the camera/sensor for each of these consoles at the center of your entertainment center can become somewhat of a hassle without having a tiered shelf space. For my setup, the best location to place all of these cameras/sensors would be right in front of my LCD on top of the entertainment center. That was where the infra-red bar for the Nintendo Wii used to sit for a long time before the arrival of the PlayStation Eye  for the PlayStation 3 and the Kinect for the X-Box 360. The funny thing about the PS Eye camera however is that its placement used to be a bit more mobile - for capturing footage for the Eye Create software and sitting on top of the camera stand for The Eye of Judgment game - but now that the PlayStation Move is here, the camera must now occupy a more permanent area on the entertainment center. I am not going to spend any money on a TV mount for the Kinect or the PS Eye so what I have been doing since the Kinect arrived in my Game Room is to place the infra-red bar for the Wii on top of my receiver while letting the Kinect takes center stage. When I wanted to use the Move controller, I would then place the PS Eye on top of the infra-red bar.  I just got an idea today to stick the infra-red bar right at the top of the receiver's shelf space and that actually solved the space issue. I used double sided tapes on top of the infra-red bar to hold it neatly in place. With that being done, I finally can have peace and order in my Game Room again. It's so hard being a poly-gamist sometimes.

Maybe they can make these things a lot smaller in the future.

No comments: