○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Return of the Unleashed

Looking at my Daily Game Log history, it looks like the last time that I have played Sonic Unleashed was back on the 25th of February this year. For the January 2010 Gaming Analysis, I named it the best new game of the month and at that time, I was really looking forward to explore the game in its entirety so that I could justify the strange love I have for it. True that I reacted negatively when I Sega first revealed the "Werehog" gameplay (I am very protective of my Sonic) but that part of the game is actually rather fun. Of course, it usually is hard for me to concentrate on just one game at a time - only those highly distinguished titles like Culdcept Saga and League of Legends can hold on to my attention span for a very long time - so I never did reach the end of Unleashed because I jumped to another game and then another, and then another.

Though I wouldn't give him an "A", the Werehog is actually A-OK.

With the major disappointed felt by the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, I have decided to commit myself to indulge in Unleashed to get my dose of what is definitely the better Sonic games between the two. When I stopped playing the game, there were only a couple of stages left for me to complete though Unleashed has a lot of side missions that I barely even touched. Since I haven't played the game in a long while, I have decided to start over from the very beginning and so far, I am enjoying the experience. I really rather play this a million times over than Sonic 4. Unleashed is definitely the best new Sonic game this generation... Well, both of the recent Nintendo DS and the Nintendo Wii releases of Sonic Colors do look promising however.

This "mini-game" boss fight in Unleashed where you are just matching button inputs to destroy
the fotress is light years more fun and a whole lot better than all the Sonic 4 bosses combined.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I´ve played that (unleashed) on the ps2 and ,like you say, it´s fun.
It´s not unplayable or atrocius as some people says.
I think the downside is the warehog´s stages ´cause it gets repetitive fast and the music is always the same.
Maybe we tolerate it more ´cause we´re sonic fans hehe.