○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Prototype is Final, The Chapter is Not

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype for the PlayStation 3 is one amazing game but if you were a bit underwhelmed by the game's anti-climactic ending like myself, there was actually a reason why the game seemed to have ended rather abruptly. There is a new add-on content called "The Last Chapter" for the game and for $4.99, you can experience 3 additional levels and get what could be the real ending to the game. The reason why I said "could be" is because the game seems to be hinting that things are not totally over yet. Still, I haven't collected all the "Secret Keys" for all the stages, so perhaps there is something that I am missing at this point in my overall experience of the game. The last two stages are shorter than the first 8 and the last boss is a bit weird though the action of fighting it is indeed satisfying. I don't like the fact that SideQuest Studios had intentionally segmented the game like this, forcing their fans to download the new content to get the full blast from the game but at least these additional stages are really fun. I really hope that there won't be more add-ons for this game in the future - give us part 3 instead... and please make that into a full game.

I don't agree with the business model but I still agree that this game is incredible.

No comments: