○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, November 11, 2010

League of Legends: Replay Get?

You can probably tell from my review of the game - as well as the fact that I play this game almost every day - that I am in love with League of Legends for the Personal Computer but if there is one thing that LoL for the Personal Computer was missing right now compared to its closest competition, Heroes of Newerth, it would be a replay database where all the past games played can be viewed by the community. Unless you are live streaming or live capturing the game, there is no way right now to watch past matches in the game and I have not felt that exclusion until one epic game last night that took 1+ hour to finish.

I was playing Mordekaiser and the rest of my team were: Akali, Sona, Tryndamere, and Dr. Mundo. The other team was comprised of Akali, Vladimir, Ryze, Tristana, and Miss Fortune. My team was doing poorly at the beginning - and I myself was being very careless while doing mid against Vladimir that ended up with two deaths in his favor during the laning phase. Things got bad to worse when Vladimir began owning everyone else on the team and this lead to us eventually losing every single one of our defensive turrets. Then, the huge mega-creep waves got our nexus down to 10% after a big team battle that we aced (killed off all the enemy champions) at our base but we were able to clear the creep waves as the other team shouted "Go creeps, go!" in the all chat. But then, we made our comeback - we started winning every single team fight while playing very defensively, and we progressed slowly but surely towards the enemy base after each successful ace. It took us a while - including one team fight where I scored my second quadra kill in this game (the first was when I played Nidalee) - but we were able to completely turn things around and won the game! This match would have been one heck of a show to watch for fans of the game but I suppose it's just going to be just a special memory for all 10 of us involved in it. Riot Games, we need that replay function immediately, pretty please.

Another surprising quadra kill performance and an incredibly satisfying comeback game.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Replays got, check it out:

http://www.leaguereplays.com

Loner Gamer said...

Great work guys. Nice post on the official forum and the program is Riot-approved as well - awesome stuff!