○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Games Played 06/08/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard (2005)
Developer: Liquid Entertainment
Platform: Personal Computer
Purchase Date: 09/24/2005


Nothing says team-building like harvesting shards as a group.

I am not who you would call a hardcore real time strategy game fanatic. I would normally be attracted to this genre when the game contains settings or subject-matters that are interesting to me rather than the actual strategy element in itself which I often found to be a bit exhausting to manage. I like a good role playing game and even though this game is most definitely a RTS, it has a RPG twist that makes your usual home-base development more exciting than just the usual resource-hoarding and military-planning. In Dragonshard, experience points are pivotal in upgrading your army and you can travel into a dungeon to gain them before facing off your opponents. I found the campaign mode entertaining and I really enjoy the heavily quest-driven narrative. Of course the core of Dragonshard's gameplay experience is its online mode and the server is still up but it was empty when I logged on try out a quick match. In August of last year, a friend of mine invited me to an online battle. It was such a random request but I agreed to the invitation. After we both had installed the game, a patch was needed for the game to be playable online. We both downloaded the patch. Then the unexpected happen: he was not able to get to the server. He then admitted that he pirated the game. How lame was that?

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: