○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, June 26, 2009

Games Played 06/10/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Æon Flux (2005)
Developer: Terminal Reality
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 11/25/2005


Æon walking down the catwalk. Now that is what I call a grand entrance.

It may be surprising to know that I never even watched the anime or the movie when I picked up this game. I did watch the latter when it was released on DVD (it was an awful film by the way) - I still can't figure out why I didn't use the free tickets included in the game to catch it at the theater. Though I thought Charlize Theron's performance in Monster was incredible, I am not a rabid fan of hers. So what could have possibly possesed me into buying this game? It's the whole Perfect Dark sci-fi vibe and knowing that the game chronicles a separate story than what inspired it. Not that I care much about knowing everything there is to know about secret agent/assassin Æon Flux but when a movie-to-game developer takes the liberty to create something different from the game's source material, it usually indicates that the game is not a rushed product. Overall, the game is a lot of fun to play and I was pleasantly surprised by the shameless Metroid-inspired sections in the game when Æon is rolling about corridors and tubes inside a metal ball. The game also contains a very strange futuristic storyline that jumps back and forth between timelines which I found to be highly enjoyable and it really kept things interesting for me as confusing as the whole thing was. The game features both hand to hand and gun combat - both executed well and with style. What is more stylish though is the platforming sections of the game where you see Æon running along the side of walls and dropping down from high elevation head first as she spins around shooting everything that moves during her fast descent.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: