○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Games Alert + MMO Decision!

I went PC-centric this time around. I was checking out the console and handheld games and I just didn't feel like buying any of them despite their Severity 1 positions on my Purchase List. My shopping mood was just a bit different yesterday maybe because I didn't really expect my significant other to recommend a video game hunting session - so good at making me happy - during what was supposed to be a romantic evening out. You know that my lover and video games don't mix well. I had to quickly analyze my position on my recent MMO-crazed state as I was shopping for these games. As I was holding the beautiful World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack box in my hands, I had a revelation: Guild Wars - no subscription fee and there is a heavy Player-vs.-Player action there too. Sure, Guild Wars is not really a MMO and the 8-skill at a time limit still bugs me to this day but I have never seen the game's high end content so I should really work on that before thinking about other MMOs. With a heavy heart, I have decided to forgo jumping back on WoW - it was very close, Blizzy, very very close.

By the way, I was finally able to patch up and play my trial account for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning - a process that involved manually tweaking one of the patcher files. What a great bug and while finding its solution, I found out that this bug had been around for quite a while now. WAR just had no chance competing against EQII and WoW. I almost fell asleep playing the game and the queues for PvP that used to fill up pretty quick now take an average of half an hour to an hour before you can participate in them - a sign of population balance problems. Maybe it's not as severe in a high population server but you are not given the option to change servers while playing the trial - a grave mistake on Mythic's part.


zzz... Your blood? Yeah, yeah. I'll show you bloodzzz...

So I walked out of the store yesterday with Demigod and The Sims 3. I haven't tried The Sims 3 yet - I surprised myself with this purchase because I was going to replay The Sims 2 - but I played Demigod all night long and it's a really fun arena-styled action role playing game. Sadly, it is in serious need of a major patch because it is a bit buggy and likes to crash at the worst possible moments - like when I was about to win a battle!


I want to play god for a while.

No comments: