○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 22, 2009

Quicky Before Bed

I have been having a hard time going to sleep at night ever since I started playing Demigod. It has been a long while since the last time a game was able to keep me up playing into the wee hours of the morning. Despite discovering too late that developer Gas Powered Game actually ditched any support to Windows XP 64-bit users like myself - as if they cannot print that incompatibility on the box - Demigod is running stable enough for me to get a lot of satisfying playtime with it. I learned about this troubling fact from a reply email from publisher Stardock's technical support representative. What a disappointment. They are smart enough to offer a reimbursement for this mishap but that is not exactly the point when you ended up liking the game a lot. Strangely, there are XP 32-bit users who are also experiencing similar freezing issues while playing the game so it might be a universal problem caused by some bad codes that needed to be patched. Still, it tells you a lot about a game when not even frustrating technical shortcomings can stop you from coming back for just one more round of gameplay... Even if it means that you're going to be extra groggy in the morning.


Oak is definitely my favorite character thus far.

No comments: