○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, November 9, 2012

Origin: Get Enticed

Would you like to own a free game? Well, it's not exactly new, but Electronic Arts is currently giving away a free digital copy of Battlefield 1942 via their Origin service. It was first released in 2002 so don't expect pretty graphics from that game. I personally have never played the game but I did claim my copy just mere minutes ago. In other news, it looks like Origin may be one-upping Steam with an upcoming update that will allow users to actually stream games to twitch.tv via the Origin client. Ever since I got this super fast Internet, I always wanted to stream again but I really didn't want to go through the hassle with the whole Adobe Flash Media Encoder + capture software thing. It looks like I will be doing a lot of streaming again very soon. Origin will also introduce the ability to add non-Origin games into the client, just like what Valve did with Steam. This is going to be really interesting. I wonder if I can just add the actual Steam client into the list because that was what I did with the Origin client in Steam. The real battle between the two Personal Computer gaming clients will finally begin once this streaming feature becomes live very soon. I wonder if Valve is going to respond and present to us a streaming partnership feature of their own...
 
I don't know about you but I love free games.

1 comment:

BloodyFuneral said...

What? A game made in 1942? Awwww.....the graphics must be terrible....

Good for collection purpose, though~~