○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December 2011 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 54

A lot of games were played last month thanks to Valve and their Steam Holiday Sale event. There were achievements to unlock for the chance of winning prizes and I love winning free things however unsuccessful the end result ended up being. Besides the sudden spike of games played, the one game that ruled them all was still League of Legends on the Personal Computer. Again, very close to being played every single day but I missed the 15th because I was distracted by my new Nintendo 3DS and getting my spouse ready for New York. And yes, I did play LoL on Christmas, thank you very much.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the PC did manage to climb up to second place but at merely 7 additional days on top of the same number from November 2011, I expected to be engrossed a lot more than that. The game is a lot of fun but after spending about 34 hours on it, I am getting annoyed by idiotic pause to change spell system. Why can't I just switch spell by a click of a key or a press on the D-Pad? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Then we have Kirby: Mass Attack for the Nintendo DS and of course, Mario Kart 7 for the Nintendo 3DS tied at third place. The former is touch screen gaming at its finest and I just love seeing a gang of Kirbys beating the pink out of their enemies, big or small. As for the latter, the 3D graphics are quite enthralling but the game itself is rather formulaic. My favorite racer? You guessed it... Peach!


This Month's Inductees:


Total Inductions: 45

No comments: