○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Now That is How You Make a Soundtrack CD!

I just got my PlayStation 3 copy of The King of Fighters XIII and with it includes the wonderful The King of Soundtracks 94-XIII. The game itself is incredibly fun and as a longtime fan of the series, this latest addition is definitely one of the bests, if not the best - Of course, I do have to play it a lot more to come to that determination. I did skip on XII however because the lack of characters in that one gave me the impression that it was a rushed product, in which it probably is. But back to the soundtrack collection - it must be said that this thing was made with a lot of love:

Don't ask me what Kula is doing to Raiden there in the background...

Though not a complete collection, the soundtracks are comprehensive enough to include a good selection of memorable tracks from every single game in the series, and because of the long running history of the KoF games, they separated the tracks into four discs, the last one being the complete soundtrack from the latest game. They managed to include TKOF'96's "CLUB-M ~Aozora ni Flute~" in there, so I'm definitely really happy about that but it's weird that the version of "Psycho Soldier" with lyrics from the same year wasn't included. The 4 CDs are stored in colorful, folder sleeves with quite a number of iconic images from the games and best of all, the distinctive title logos for every single series entry also got printed on the sleeves. I am very impressed by the production value of this bonus content. Thank you Atlus for the effort. And yes, this kind of thing is a lot better than getting undergarments and pillow cases...

Stylish indeed but it is hard to get those CDs out of the sleeves.

No comments: