○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some Games are Just Not Rentable

I am still waiting for my first two rental games to arrive. I live in Northern California and the closest GameFly distribution center is located in Los Angeles. Realistically, it should really take one day for them to arrive but we all know how slow the US Mail is so it should take about 2 days (or 3 on a bad week) for them to get to me. I am not too much in a hurry to play Final Fantasy XIII-2, though I did find the demo on the PlayStation Network Store interesting. I placed it on top of my queue mostly to test out whether or not a game that popular would make it out of the queue easily - guess I got lucky this time. The second game sent to me is Catherine for the PlayStation 3. I thought about getting one PS3 and then one X-Box 360 game at a time so that the consoles don't have to endue long sessions of play but then I know that I was just being silly.

The selections are not bad, but not all of them will work as rental games.

While I was browsing the list of games available on GameFly, I noticed that I just couldn't make myself place certain games into the queue. I realized that it doesn't make sense for me to rent games that I cannot possibly play repeatedly one day after the other. These include racing games - like the upcoming SSX, fighting games - like the recently released Soul Calibur V, as well as other games that have that are designed with short-burst gameplay in mind - like Rhythm Heaven Fever that will be released shortly. I may lose interest in them after a day or two only to have that desire to play them again a little later on. What I have decided to do is focused on the long adventure games or those titles that usually have no gameplay to offer after a single play-through. Besides the two games mentioned in the previous paragraph, these include Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Asura's Wrath, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It is a little too early to worry about these things I suppose. I have to wait to see if I could survive the initial wave of games first.

No comments: