○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Day Without Live Gold

My X-Box Live Gold subscription officially expired sometime yesterday. I got an email in the evening from Microsoft confirming my separation from the service. So how does it feel to be without it? Well, it's only been a day but I must say that everything seems to be alright thus far. I certainly didn't feel a need to play any online game via the X-Box 360 yesterday. I spent most of my gaming time playing League of Legends and Two Worlds II for the Personal Computer. Not having access to Live Gold further solidify my feelings about access to online multiplayer content on the PlayStation 3. What are we really paying for with the X-Box Live Gold? Many would argue that the ability to cross game chat makes it worth it but I could easily hook up Skype or Ventrillo on my PC and chat cross games AND systems while playing a game on any system. If Live Gold didn't unlock online multiplayer, I doubt that anyone would subscribe to it. It's funny how Live online multiplayer on the PC is more robust, efficient, and most importantly, free! Microsoft knows that PC gamers will never pay for the service - they did try the subscription module but it utterly failed - and I suppose I am now a part of that statistic. So for the first time in my 360 life, I am now a Silver member. Let's hope that it will last.

Silver is... the color of my hair many years from now?

No comments: