○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, February 6, 2009

Games Played 02/05/2009



RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Waku Waku 7 (1997)
Developer: Sunsoft
Platform: SegaSaturn
Purchase Date: 07/05/1997


Even with its very phallic design, Politank Z rockzzz!

Waku Waku 7 is a competent little fighting game that features a small amount of wacky characters - 9 in all, including a playable bonus character and the game's boss. They are each pretty unique, my favorite being the robot-maid Tesse: I absolutely love her syringe attack. The game is easy to get into with its familiar special move input commands and super moves to pull off. The game's graphics are bright and beautiful with smooth, cartoon-like animation. This is the first SegaSaturn game I own that requires the 1MB memory cartridge included with the game to play. Unfortunately, the additional RAM is not big enough to make the game arcade perfect. It is riddled with too many loading screens and when two large characters are pitted against each other, the frame rate suffers miserably. The better conversion of the game was released last year in Japan within Sunsoft Collection for the PlayStation 2. Even with the graphical shortcomings, the game is still a blast to play. I am sure that playing the PS2 version will be a more joyous experience. I hope I can get to purchase it soon.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: