○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Games Played 02/24/2009

Culdcept Saga - X-Box 360*
Moero! Justice Gakuen - Dreamcast
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - X-Box 360
Shadow of the Colossus - PlayStation 2

*I am so happy that my best friend on X-Box Live was able to rent Culdcept Saga several days ago and we have been playing it into the wee hours of the morning. He has been having a tough time with game purchases and has missed the opportunities to get the game due to it. He is completely addicted to Culdcept Saga and after playing just two or three games with him, he started to become very good at organizing his deck. During one battle, he almost obliterated me! He hasn't even barely played the story mode and is just accruing cards from our online battles. Hopefully he will be able to find a copy to buy soon. Thank you Culdra for your blessings!


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (2003)
Developer: Eurocom Developments, Inc.
Platform: X-Box
Purchase Date: 05/28/2005


This game is so very Zelda. Good thing it is almost as good as what it inspires to be.

I originally bought this game for the Nintendo GameCube in 2003 when it was first released. I didn't really play it until 2005 - I have always been easily distracted - and I absolutely adored it. Then, I noticed that the X-Box version was supposed to support 720p resolution as shown on multiple online reviews. So, I decided to repurchase the game after giving the GameCube version away to a friend. I was very disappointed that the game only runs at 480p - did the game reviewers even test to see if that resolution works? - even though 720p was printed on the back of the game's cover. So I pretty much bought the game twice without getting any additional benefit out of it. Sphinx is a Zelda-clone action adventure with a heavy Egyptian influence. The game's environments are huge and colorful, complete with a good balance of platforming, puzzle-solving, and action. Where the game departs from the Zelda canon is the dual storyline where the player controls, like the title implies, both Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. The Mummy sections are quite inventive but they tend to feel more like a comedic relief. Still, the two blend together really well, making Sphinx a truly memorable experience.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: