○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Games Played 02/21/2009

Heavy Weapon - X-Box 360
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - X-Box 360
Söldner-X: Himmelssturmer - PlayStation 3
Street Fighter IV - PlayStation 3
X-Men: Children of the Atom - SegaSaturn


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (2000)
Developer: Appaloosa Interactive Corporation
Platform: Sega Dreamcast
Purchase Date: 08/19/2000


Ecco is so special that he can communicate with shiny crystals like the one above.

While I am big on the idea that 2D gameplay can outshine 3D gameplay any day of the week, some games do gain significant benefits from transitioning from the former to the latter. The Ecco games on the Genesis were great but even back then, the control always felt awkward to me. Defender of the Future is the next logical progression for the series' already exploratory nature and it expands the core experience to its full potential. The game is a free roaming 3D adventure where you control dolphin extraordinaire Ecco as he solves puzzles and beat up hungry sharks to save the world. I have mentioned before that I have aquaphobia so there were some moments were I freaked out playing this game. The game is released for the PlayStation 2 in 2002 with improved graphics and gameplay tweaks but I was already happy with this Dreamcast version.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: