○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Of PS2 and Mortality

I found out that my favorite electronic retail store restocked their PlayStation 2 systems so I decided to pick one up today. I have always wanted to get another PS2 because I have invested so much in this system as I own 464 games, the second largest in my Game Library across all platforms. Sure, I play my PS2 on my Personal Computer these days via PCSX2 but not every single PS2 game runs well on it. I was excited at first when I was setting up the system at home, putting the old PS2 away into my Game Treasury, but it's actually a bittersweet moment. I realize how game systems, with the exception of my Personal Computer that will be maintained constantly over the remainder of my lifetime on Earth, don't last. What will happen when my SegaSaturn finally breaks down? Then again, it is possible for it to stay alive until the day I die. And what about the other platforms? Does this mean that I have to get a backup unit for them as well? I tell myself that if those systems were to fail me, I would just handle the situation then. There is no need to worry about them now. I realize that instead of concentrating on securing more backup units, I should work on proper distribution of my free time to ensure that I enjoy my games as much as I can. The freedom of having so many games in your hand is certainly liberating, but it is not something that I should never take for granted.
 
The trick here is to start playing those PS2 games again.

No comments: