○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, October 1, 2012

And Then It Became GTX 670

Spouse: So what is this thing that you wrote about not wanting a Wii U? Are you trying to make it hard again for me to get a birthday gift for you?
 
L.G.: Well, I just know that Nintendo is going to release a better version of the Wii U sometime in 2013. I have a feeling that the screen on the special controller is going to get an HD bump.
 
Spouse: So you don't want the Wii U?
 
L.G.: I want it, but I am not in a hurry to get it.
 
Spouse: Oh. And how is the new computer?
 
L.G.: I love it. It's quite powerful. My newer games are running a lot better with it.
 
Spouse: That's nice. But you are saying that the graphics card is not good?
 
L.G.: The one that came pre-packaged with it is not. I am using the graphics card I have from my old computer. The performance of that card was bottle-necked before. Now, it's really running nicely.
 
Spouse: So you're saying that computer can do more with a better graphics card?
 
L.G.: Yeah. But this one should still be good for a long while.
 
Spouse: I'll pay half if you want to get a new graphics card.
 
L.G.: Uh, really?
 
Spouse: Sure, since I am not getting you a Wii U this November.
 
And thus they went to the store after a romantic sushi dinner and picked up a new Nvidia graphics card (the spouse got a fancy new wireless keyboard and mouse too) and they lived happily ever after.

That "FTW" stamp is corny but unlike the cake, it isn't a lie.
 
The longest graphics card I have ever seen in my life. For a second, I thought it wouldn't fit.
 
Guild Wars 2 at 1080p with maxed video settings and supersampling on at a steady 60fps? ✔

No comments: