○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Wii-son to Play

Let's be fair: despite being grossly inferior when it comes to its applied technology, there are plenty of reasons why the Nintendo Wii should still be a good place to spend my time gaming. Still, the console has become the least played in my Game Room at the moment and I figured that it is time to change that. There are definitely a lot of options for me to choose from and I decided on Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, a role playing game I inducted like, oh, almost three years ago? Time goes by so fast when you continually add more and more titles to your gaming arsenal. I have only played like about an hour of the game when I first got it. The game is the direct sequel to Tales of Symphonia on the Nintendo GameCube, which I consider to be the best Tales games I have ever played so my expectation for the game is quite high. Since it is a RPG, I would probably end up with a good 40-50 hours of gameplay here so this should ensure that my Wii will remain active for a month or so.

Actually, I experienced that first hand and it was a memorable adventure!

When I booted up the game, I was surprised that I didn't have a save file from my short play-test session but I had planned to start fresh anyway. The funny thing about this game is that when you start a new game, it asks if you have the clear data from the first game but once that data is loaded, all you get is a set of health items - a couple of extra costumes for the characters would have been nice.  I am now about 3 hours into the game and I am beginning to enjoy the first three main characters. I also like how the heroes from the first game are presented as villains here. This keeps thing really interesting for someone like me who has played the prequel. Since I have been craving for some Japanese RPG action, I am sure that I will get to the end of this Tale.

No comments: