○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Glitch: A Weird Fascination

A couple of days ago, I encountered the following video on YouTube and my life hasn't been the same since then:


As you probably noticed, that is one strange trailer. The game being promoted in the video is called Glitch, a browser-based massively multiplayer online role playing game of sort for the Personal Computer made by Tiny Speck where you play as a being who is roaming around inside the brain and imagination created by the so-called "11 Giants". I don't play browser-based games but there was something about this one that just fascinated me so. The offbeat nature of the video is of course extremely attractive to me and that whole "Animal Kinship" skill just looks so... intriguing! I immediately went to the website to sign up for the game but it took them two days to finally give me an invite. As soon as I got the invite email, I logged into the game server to start playing it.

The concept may be a bit freaky but it is actually quite brilliant.

I have only completed the game's tutorial and from what I can tell so far, you are free to roam everywhere you like, interacting with objects around the world to collect items that you need to shape the world around you while leveling your character up. I am still a bit confused about the grand scheme of things - you do get quests but it's all about personalizing your own gameplay experience. For my first skill, I learned the "Animal Kinship" that beckoned me into this odd game in the first place and the skill provided me with more proficiency when interacting with animals. By the way, you can nibble on a piglet in this game... Yes... How can you say no to that? Glitch is free to play but you can choose to subscribe to it to gain access to more character personalization options and "teleportation tokens" - I don't know what those are at the moment. The game did come with 100 credits and I have spent 65 of those on a cool mask and a fancy robe. After having played the game for a little bit, I must say that I am hooked so look forward to a full analysis of the game in the near future. If you are interested in playing Glitch, please visit the game's website by clicking here. Don't lie, you know you want to nibble on a piglet! Yes, you sure do!

No comments: