○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Gamer Fashion Perception

Whenever the people close to me decided to get me a gift of a t-shirt, they always seem manage to find me something video game related. The latest is this Sony Online Entertainment "Player" t-shirt I got from my significant other. Non-gamers seem to think that gamers like wearing anything that screams "I love video games" on it. I am more of the shirt and tie kind of guy and I only wear video game-branded pieces of clothing at home. This is not a matter of shame - for being an avid gamer is nothing to be ashamed of - but it's a matter of preference. I am obsessed enough with video games already and the last thing I want to do is to smell like video games in every single aspect of my existence. Video gaming is indeed a big part of my life but I don't need to have a blatant statement written on my forehead - or in this case, across my chest - to communicate that I am a gamer.

It's still a cute t-shirt though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha that´s true. I love games but i don´t go everywhere with a t-shit that says "i love video games i´m a fucking nerd". Is more fun to wear a t-shirt with the image of commander sheppard (for example) so non gamer people see that and think is a common t-shirt but a gamer will understand that i´m a fan of mass effect.

Loner Gamer said...

Video gamers are not necessarily nerds and nerds are not necessarily video gamers. That doesn't mean that nerds are not cool by the way :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Agreed :)