○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, May 11, 2009

Games Played 05/06/2009

Dynasty Warriors 6 - X-Box 360
Fallout 3 - PC
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel - PC*


*Leaves... Leaves... Leaves!!! I am so obsessed with them. Is it unhealthy?
I guess I am so ready to buy Flower for the PlayStation 3.



*Finally got my first mount. The funny thing is I bought this yucky one by mistake.
"That's right little girl, just admire me and my ugly, sick-looking horse from afar."


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Parappa the Rapper (1997)
Developer: Nana On-Sha
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 11/21/1997


The only thing that needs chopping here are all those ornery onions.

If there is a game that can blamed for all those horrible rhythm action games out there, this game is it. Parappa the Rapper deserves to be discussed in a positive light however. It's hyper-optimistic, genre-defining, somewhat bold, and forever a classic. It's a very simple game where you have to hit the appropriate buttons at the appropriate time to rap along with the music. The songs feature some truly cringe-worthy lyrics - like the driver's test rap, urgh - but they are melodically catchy and memorable. What's great about the game is that it allows you to freestyle the command entries as long as you are able to match them properly with the beat of the music. I like the flat, paper-thin characters - it's very stylish and it keeps the game visually unique and interesting when I played it today. The game has a PlayStation 2 sequel but for some reason, I never got around to purchase it. Maybe I just don't want to be tortured anymore by hearing the rather desperate "I gotta believe!" motto being uttered by Parappa over and over and over and over and over again.

LIBRARY STATUS: 4 out of 5

No comments: