○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, May 10, 2009

April 2009 Monthly Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes.

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:



Total Games Played: 82

None of my played games was able to reach the double digit day counts last month. I was feeling a bit random until around mid-way into the month when I started to look for hack-and-slash games to play. My original plan at that point was to start playing Champions of Norrath for the PlayStation 2 with a friend from the beginning until our characters are maxed out and decked out. Unfortunately, things didn't work out - my friend's PlayStation 3 was not able to allow him to play it online - and the it just fell on the wayside soon after that.

The most played game in April 2009 was Resident Evil 5. Instead of playing Guild Wars after much prompting by an old friend, we ended up spending most of our time with this game instead. We were able to beat the game on "Veteran" mode and are now working on finishing up "Professional". The game certainly has a lot of replay value because of its clever weapon upgrade mechanics. I had a lot of fun playing it last month and if the aforementioned friend would refocus on the game, we should be able to beat "Professional" rather quickly.

I finally completed Kameo: Elements of Power. It was my first X-Box 360 game that I purchased even before the console came out because it was released early in anticipation of the console's arrival. I played around 2-3 hours into the game when I was finally able to secure an X-Box 360 but the game was not able to engage me like Rare's earlier platform/action games. It took a lot to finish it because my general opinion about the game still remains the same after all these years.

Whenever I can't decide on which game to focus my attention on, I tend to play something fast and rewarding while waiting for the inspiration to come. Rez HD was great as a quick fix and every time I sat down to play it, I would end up playing all of the stages from the beginning until the end instead of just working on the individual stages to get a new high score for each of them.

As for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, it has been an on and off experience. Like I have mentioned before, the game is mediocre at best but the graphics are simply out of this world. I have only played the multi-player online mode a couple of times but it wasn't fun to play it with random strangers who seem to like doing their own thing for the most part. I plan to just level up my character alone and then once I hit the higher level range, I will then start looking for more people to play it with.

Best New Game of the Month:
Phantasy Star Portable (PlayStation Portable)

Unexpectedly Forgotten New Game of the Month:
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time (Nintendo DS)

I Missed You I Want You Game of the Month:
Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo DS)

No comments: