○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh No! PSP Rental Service

Last night, I completed a surreal Sony survey that introduced its participants to a hypothetical "digital game rental service" for the PlayStation Portable. The overall design seems to revolve around the subscribers ability to download and play a certain amount of games available from the rental service for some superfluous subscription fee. I found the idea to be incredibly silly and stupid. Digital download purchases for new games - yes, I am all for that. This rental service? No, thank you. If this thing makes it to light and becomes successful, I am afraid it will take us into a dark age of gaming because it may eventually evolve video gaming into a "rental only" industry. Just think about it for a moment: Smart developers know that they can make more money if they only allow gamers to be able to play their games only if certain fee is paid on a monthly basis. It will take some time to get to that point but this thing will definitely encourage such thinking. I can't help but to think about the long haul but I am sure impatient gamers are only seeing the short term benefits of this greedy little project.


They were pages of these pricing modules that I had to sort through.
I said no to each and every single one of them.

No comments: