○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Games Played 05/02/2009

Halo 3 - X-Box 360
Mario Kart Wii - Wii
Resident Evil 5 - X-Box 360
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - PC


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Breath of Fire III (1998)
Developer: Capcom Co., Ltd.
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 1998


When saying "Please don't kill me!" is just not enough.

I remember purchasing this game while I was doing my undergraduate studies. Back then, I didn't get easily distracted when it comes to playing my video games - In between studying, researching, and writing papers, I would normally focus on one game and finish it before moving on to the next game. The timing for this game must have been bad because I never get to complete it. Or I probably just lost interest in it about 20+ hours in. The story concerning the main character's ability to shape-shift into a dragon was a bit low-key, which unfortunately translates into something boring and uneventful. I do enjoy the characters though - my favorite here is the book-worm Momo - and I always like the idea of being able to see all of your party members walking around together as a team. The turn-based battle system is simple and has that classical role playing vibe to it but eventually the battles happen a bit too frequently. Because there is no transition between the dungeon maps and the battle scenes, sometimes you also get objects blocking your view of the action. I would still love to finish this game one of these days. All of the games in my library deserve to be played completely.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: