○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, February 14, 2014

iOS Gaming: Big Screen Venture

I was browsing through my Game Boy Advance library tonight when I stumbled into the Digital AV Adaptor for my iPad 2. I probably had this thing not too long after I first acquired my iPad: I believe the spouse actually picked it up but never used it and I just went ahead and stored it away, coincidentally alongside my GBA games. So for the first time ever, I decided to check out how my iPad games fare on my big screen display. I wasn't that enthusiastic about trying it because I figured it would be hard to look at the big screen when these games are touch based but surprisingly, they didn't play so badly. I tested out my iOS shoot-'em-ups and they were a lot more fun on the big screen for sure.

Works great when you don't have to touch specific areas of the screen.

I can definitely see the visual advantage of playing some of these iOS games on the big screen, not to mention the improved audio as well. I could even stream my gameplay on my Twitch channel if I wanted to. This has definitely reawakened my interest in iPad gaming and I am ready to even invest on a long HDMI cable so that I can be seated appropriately on my gaming chair. Not only that, I am also going to move ahead with the acquisition of the Ion iCade Core Arcade Game Controller, especially since it's so very cheap right now at 80% off! Hopefully, this will all work out for me when that controller arrives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What game is on display here?

Loner Gamer said...

It's Bug Princess.

Anonymous said...

Downloaded, it seems awesome! I'd love to see a blog post from yourself with your picks of iOS games.

Loner Gamer said...

You can find the list of iOS games I like by clicking here.