○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Otomedius X: Cover Up for Cover

My most anticipated game of this fall is none other than Konami's Otomedius Excellent and I finally got it inducted into my Game Library today. Otomedius X is actually the third in the series - the first two never made it out of Japan. The series is what I would call a fantasy sequel to the Gradius series and it features a full female cast and a comical/cute presentation. The gameplay is pretty much the same as Gradius, complete with the upgraded power-ups, core-based shooting, and familiar ship as well as stage designs. I have played a little bit of the game and it is already a lot of fun. It's too bad I can't play it online because of my X-Box LIVE Gold situation. What I found really amusing about this game however is the game's cover art. You would think that Konami would feature some risque images that is definitely present in the actual game but instead, they went for the modest route as you can see from the screenshots below. Apparently, ESRB already approved of the partial nudity in the game so it's strange that Konami is not using it as a way to entice those who are unfamiliar with Gradius but are into the whole Japanese lolita scene. If you are a fan of the shmup genre, please support Konami and buy the game as soon as you can!

Suggestive, but not to full effect.

The breasts are even cleverly hidden on the back cover.

The full view from the game.

No comments: