○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Very Decisive MEOW!

When I first saw this special pre-order trailer for the console versions of The Sims 3: Pets (the Personal Computer version that I plan on getting comes as as expansion), I was more annoyed than I was entertained. I suppose it takes an acquired taste to enjoy the "original narration by Randall" of the honey badger fame/infamy and even though the footage that was shown with that trailer looks really fun, I think it was a weird way to advertise the product. All they actually need to convince people to want this game is a really cool, utterly irresistible screenshot... Like this one I found on Steam:

Oh meow-meow!!!

See, no need to spend all that money to hire someone to do an annoying narrative over some cutesy footage when all you need is a picture of a cat trying to pounce a laser beam. It screams out that the game, which is now available, is going to so very cute that you will abandon your real pets... Only that I don't have any real pets. I do want a cat though. Oh now I'm sad.

No comments: