○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dark Souls, Bright Heart

I am quite surprised that I have been playing a lot of Dark Souls for the PlayStation 3 lately. I may not jump on the game on a daily basis but whenever that happens, I would end up spending many hours on it. Why am I surprised? Well, as fun as the prequel Demon's Souls was, I lost interest in that game after about a week or so playing it. I was expecting for the same thing to happen with Dark Souls but it seems like the more I play the game, the more I want to invest my free time playing it.

I don't think that I am even half-way through the game's content.

The most mesmerizing part of this game for me is the large interconnected areas. It does so much to the overall atmosphere of the game. No matter where I ended up being in the game world, I know exactly where I am in the grand scheme of things. I love losing myself in the varied environments, despite existing alongside creatures, as well as other players, who are out to get my blood. Throughout the many hours I have spent playing Dark Souls, I have only been frustrated a couple of times. I consider each death that occurred to my character a learning experience and I found the relentless challenges in the form of the tricky enemies as well as the tough bosses to be ridiculously fun. Perhaps when all is said and done with Dark Souls, I may go back to Demon's Souls. That may be a good idea because they may finally shut the game's servers down but I am sure that Demon's Souls would still be quite playable as a full single player experience - though  it would take a lot more work to fully explore it alone.

After a while, the environments become a bit too familar. They feel like... home.

No comments: