○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Target Gamer

I was looking for an instruction manual for one of my AV do receivers today and while rummaging through the storage boxes, I found  an old marketing material that I got from Target so very long ago. I was immediately transported back to my undergraduate years, when I mainly shop for games from the local Target store. Back then, I used to prefer shopping at Target to satisfy my gaming needs before I would go to Toys"R"Us or Gamestop because well, it was the closest "game store" I could walk to from my apartment.

Big boxes can make a lot of gamers happy. Things never change or do they?

The package above contains a game preview VHS tape, a discount coupon booklet, and a set of wish list forms that can be handed out to friends and family. I didn't get to use the coupons at all but I remember watching the preview video several times because it ended up being quite entertaining and I thought that it was a cool way to promote video games. We are of course talking about the 1990s here and the Internet hasn't dominated our lives the way it does now... If only I still have a VCR hooked up to one of my televisions somewhere in the house. I guess I'll have to watch the tape again some other time.

No comments: