○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Steam, You are Galaxy's Gift to Gaming

I may not be too excited about Sega's upcoming Sonic Generations that will be released next month - I think Sega is still confused whether to focus on 2D gameplay vs. 3D gameplay so they implemented both - but here's something a little bit more exciting than the game itself: Steam actually secured the exclusive Personal Computer release of this game and will be selling it for $20 less than the console versions!

Steam, I want to kiss you hard and take you to bed with me every night!

This is just madness and if Valve can continue to do this, that is if they could ensure that console releases will be sold on the Steam client with Steamworks benefits like cloud saves and Steam achievements, there is absolutely no reason why I would want to get my games anywhere else. They do have to ensure though that the releases are cheaper as well as being good ports - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was cheap on the PC but it lost the online multiplayer function - but judging from the fact that Sonic Generations has full Steam support, I have no doubt about this game being a superior version. The game is single player but even if it was online multiplayer, Steam would have been able to grant that quite easily. Looking at all of the full high resolution screenshots presented on the game's store pageSonic Generations is shaping up to be visually delicious and it is apparent that those pictures are taken straight from the PC version because it was in full 1920 x 1080 and everything is looking super sharp. This is a really interesting development and I look forward to a future where more Sega games will implement Steamworks. I may not been that excited about the game before but now I am very ecstatic about it now because I really want to support this big and very smart move by Sega!

No comments: