○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Not Really a Plus but It Kicked Butt

Yesterday, I started exercising again with my unconventional choice of using Nintendo's Wii Fit Plus software. I hated the original Wii Fit software because compared to something like Yourself!Fitness on the X-Box, it lacked both focus and the much needed personalized approach. With Plus, I was again reminded of that fact. There are more things to do now with Plus but the feature that I was really looking forward to, the custom routines, was quite lackluster. Perhaps I needed to spend some time on time to see if more options will be unlocked but at this time, selecting and combining different categories of exercises together only provided me with the most basic, introductory level activities included within without the ability to increase the intensity of those activities. I exited the whole custom routine option after realizing this and went back to selecting activities that I found to be challenging and interesting instead.

Oh come on, I don't look that round in real life!

With that being said however, I was also reminded of the magic of the idea behind the Wii Fit discs where they trick you into thinking that you are playing a game and having fun when you are really working out your body indeed. Yesterday, I focused on only cardio workouts with a couple of those silly balance games thrown into the mix. This is probably how I would operate from now on with perhaps one or two days during the week focused on balance games and yoga poses. I felt the burn on my body during the session and afterwards, I was aching all over. By the time I went to bed last night, I was hurting real bad and it was hard to even go to sleep. But you know what, I felt good. I haven't felt that good in quite a while. How I miss that feeling of thinking that you nearly died (didn't happen with Wii Fit Plus YET but certainly had happened with almost every single session of Yourself!Fitness) to feeling that you can take over the world soon after. That's what exercising does for me at least. I know if I keep this up, I will be seeing great results but will using Plus exclusively be enough?

The new "Island Cycling" is intense and fun but boy, I paid a heavy price for that one.


Update Note: 03/15/2013 - I decided to give the custom routine another chance and I combined 3 separate focus areas for a total workout time of 30 minutes. You know what, I was hurting by the end of the whole thing so it is actually quite effective. I am going to use this feature more from now on and hopefully, it will remain challenging for the foreseeable future.

No comments: