○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

January 2013 Gaming Analysis

The results shown below are of course based on the combined data from the Daily Game Log which should provide a clear indication of a game's usage frequency. Bear in mind that even if a game is played twice or more during a particular day, it would still register as 1 in the Day Count column below. In a sense, "merits" are given based on how often a particular game can make me play it again throughout the entire period of the  month on a daily basis. A game that makes a gamer play it over and over again or at least spend a lot of time with it... Isn't that what we mostly want from a great game? I don't think it's really fair to count all the way down to the number of hours played since some games only require a short amount of time to properly serve their purposes. 

OVERALL BREAKDOWN:


Total Games Played: 41

It's a new year yet some things remain the same. League of Legends on the Personal Computer was still the most played game for yet another month. The one thing that is new in regards to this game is that I have been playing almost the one lane Proving Grounds map almost exclusively because it is just ridiculously fun. I have posted plenty of videos of my matches on this map both on my YouTube and twitch.tv channel. I really hope that Riot Games would place this map in the normal queue because to play this map, you have to join or open a custom game room and there is a limit to how much Influence Points you can get from custom matches for the day.

Jetpack Joyride took the number two spot and was played across multiple platforms. Definitely a great choice of game to play while away from the Game Room. I was driving the spouse to a lot of appointments that month and that was why the game got a lot of play time. Tied at second place is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning for the PC. The more I played the game, the more fun it got but one thing was annoying about the game to me: The game is meant to be played with the controller but doing so would limit access to the number of active abilities you can trigger. Using a keyboard and mouse remedies this with all the abilities being mapped to the number keys but they should have found a way to make the same accessible on the controller.


This Month's Inductees:


Total Inductions: 20

No comments: