○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Custom Box Art for Non-Origin Games

Guess what I am going to be doing obsessively during my free time? I will be making custom "box" art for non-Origin games added to the Origin client. That's right. Apparently, someone has found out a way to do this and it's a shame that Electronic Arts didn't officially have this announced anywhere. It's also perplexing that there is little progress of actual in-client implementation since this guy's discovery in early February because everything seems to be ready. I found the instruction while I was checking around to see if the custom image feature has been added to Origin. As I have mentioned previously, I really do prefer to launch non-Steam/Origin games and even the Steam client itself via Origin because Origin actually tracks gameplay hours while Steam has yet to implement that simple to add feature - Valve is too focus on trying to concoct a cheap entry level Personal Computer hardware or the mythical "Steam Box" I think...

This is going to be a really fun day!

Update Note: 07/15/2013 - With Origin Ver. 9.3.1, you can now easily customize the box art from the Origin client by right clicking on the desired game. Not only that, Origin supports animated GIFs for this purpose as well! Awesome.

If you are too lazy to make your own, just like what I did with custom Steam grid images - which are now redundant to me because I will be using the Origin client for non service-proprietary games, I will be posting my custom box art here that you can use for your Origin client. Origin rules! [Last Update: 10/27/2013]

Dark Fall: Lost Souls

Dawngate

Guild Wars

Guild Wars 2

Infinite Crisis

Jazz: Trump's Journey

League of Legends

Minecraft

Neverwinter

Smite

StarDrone

Tinker

No comments: