○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, November 28, 2011

Is It My Eyes or Is It Skyrim?

I was playing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on my Personal Computer last night after being away from it for two days and I thought that the game looked really nice. It felt a lot smoother too for some reason. I thought that Bethesda had rolled out a patch for the game but there was nothing in the update notes. I know that I have been very harsh on this game when it comes to its graphics. Well, even now I still think that the game could look a million times better - I mean just look at those horrible looking pine trees - but I am guessing that my eyes have adjusted to the game's looks. The open expanses do look remarkable sometimes, especially when it is all snow covered. So much so that I have used the following image as the wallpaper for my PC:

I love the cold, so this is perfect.

Whether the improvement I was experiencing was imaginary or not, I know for sure that this game is going to look remarkable once those graphics modders are done with the game and I just found out that Nvidia themselves are already helping out with the situation via the release of their newest beta driver and some really helpful tweaks that I am sure going to try out very soon. Update Note - 2:08pm: enabling ambient occlusion as well as the other graphics tweaks suggested by Nvidia do make a big difference in the overall look of the game with minimal performance hits. I highly recommend them!

I used to think that Skyrim is a drab, lifeless place...

But now, there is always a surprise lurking...

...around every corner of the map.

No comments: