○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, May 29, 2009

Games Played 05/23/2009

Guild Wars - PC
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - X-Box 360**
Resident Evil 5 - X-Box 360*
Romancing Saga - PlayStation 2
Sonic Advance 2 - GBA
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - PC

*I finally completed Resident Evil 5 on Professional mode and I did it alone because that friend of mine whom I have been playing co-op with just lost interest in the game mid-way through. The A.I. companion was horrid but I'm happy to be able to prevail in the end.


**I am absolutely addicted to Circle of Doom!
How could I have abandoned this game when I purchased it early last year?


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Clockwork Knight 2 (1995)
Developer: Sega
Platform: SegaSaturn
Purchase Date: 07/23/2002


I'm off to slay a dragon! A mechanical dragon that is.

This 2002 purchase was actually the second time I bought Clockwork Knight 2. The first time I purchased it was sometime in 1995 when I picked up the Japanese version. I ended up returning the game to the store because I quickly got bored of it after just one day and I exchanged it (I knew the store owner) for Fighting Vipers. I always wondered if I never gave the game enough chance thus I decided to get the game again. The second attempt at it definitely yielded a more positive result even though the game is still not remotely close to being extraordinary. You play as "Pepper", a clockwork knight who is out to rescue a kidnapped Clockwork Fairy Princess. With the moustache and the whole princess deal, I always assume that this is Sega's twisted attempt at making a Mario game. Pepper can use his key-sword to attack his enemies or pick up environmental objects to throw at them. Clockwork Knight 2 uses pre-rendered 3D graphics on top of a clever mix of 2D and 3D objects. It still looks very colorful and vibrant. The game takes place in many different rooms inside a house, each occupied by animated toys and other mechanical contraptions. The stages are big and they have many secret areas to find. This focus on exploration slows the game down a bit for me. I have never played the first game so it is nice to be able to fight the crazy bosses from that game here in the "Bosses Galore" mode.

LIBRARY STATUS: 3 out of 5

No comments: