○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Games Played 05/22/2009

Guild Wars - PC


RANDOM GAME OF THE DAY:


Mortal Kombat Trilogy (1996)
Developer: Avalanche Software
Platform: PlayStation
Purchase Date: 11/22/2002


It's all about tolerating the incredible cheap A.I. just so that you can get to do one of these.

Mortal Kombat 3 is the only game in the series that was milked dry by Midway with its many "newer and supposedly much improved" versions across many different platforms. Everything culminated into this release of Mortal Kombat Trilogy which basically features the same gameplay found throughout the other versions but with the inclusion of a several characters as well as stages from past Mortal Kombat games and a new combo-based finishing move called "Brutality". The funny thing is though, things had only gotten worse ever since the original home version was released for the 16-bit consoles - I used to own the Genesis version - because the disc-based technology is just not very supportive of the game: I am talking about the load time here. It was bad on the SegaSaturn, so you know that it would not be any better on the PlayStation. The game is playable despite the irritating load times but what is unforgivable is the missing round announcement at the start of the matches. I was expecting nothing but perfection since the game was supposed to be the ultimate version of Mortal Kombat 3. I walked away from it being terribly disappointed. In hindsight, I should have picked up the Nintendo 64 version of this game instead.

LIBRARY STATUS: 2 out of 5

No comments: