○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Are Prometheus Viewers 3DS Gamers?

My sci-fi crazed spouse really, really wanted to watch Ridley Scott's Prometheus so I got tickets to watch the midnight showing of the movie tonight. Like usual, whenever we watch a midnight movie, I get to be the one who gets to stay awake until it's time to go while the spouse gets to skip 5-6 hours of waiting time conveniently via a good sleep. We have tried using the alarm clock this one time a long time ago to wake us up at 11:00pm but none of us actually heard the alarm and we woke up about 4:00am the next day all groggy and upset. I will be playing a lot of League of Legends and Diablo III on the Personal Computer tonight so it's not going to be that hard for me to stay up: Hit me up online and say hi and let's play a couple of games together! We have not attended a midnight premiere in close to 3 years: we are very picky about our movies. This will be the first time that I will be bringing my Nintendo 3DS to a midnight premiere and I am very curious to see if the other sci-fi nerds attending the show just happen to be 3DS fans themselves. Will I get a lot of StreetPass tags from a packed theater? I will report my finding tomorrow! Speaking about the 3DS, I finally got my Circle Pad Pro recently. I had been waiting for Nintendo to restock it and they finally did when I checked last week. You know that there is absolutely no way that I would pick one up from GameStop. I should have convinced the spouse to do the same for me with Xenoblade Chronicles.

Design flaws aside - like the battery compartment placement - it's a cool attachment.

I made sure that the thing works by playing Kid Icarus: Uprising. The game itself doesn't support dual stick controls but I was able to navigate through the menus using the second stick and the shoulder buttons on the Circle Pad Pro. Perhaps it would have worked on the other games as well, never thought about that until now. The next thing I need to do is get Resident Evil: Revelations so that I can revel in the dual stick handheld gameplay. I hope that Nintendo will release more games that will take advantage of this attachment. Maybe that will happen when the dual-stick 3DS comes out.

No comments: