○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, March 9, 2012

Only in a Japanese RPG: "Lily" Action

So yeah, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 by Idea Factory and Compile Heart on the PlayStation 3 is one rancid looking game but despite all of its extremely flawed graphical exterior lies a strangely intriguing game that revolves around references to the "gaming industry" though not as sharp nor as astute as one could ever hope for it to be. I never played the original but I don't think that would help me understand the game's attempt at creating a story. All I know is that I am playing as "CPUs" or Console Patron Units who are designed based on game consoles and are trying to save the "Gameindustri" from certain doom because citizens "take no issue with acquiring items illegally". Yes, you can scratch your head now. So, the story is gripping because it is so confusing and the turn-based battle is serviceable enough but then before you even know it, blatantly sexual situations started to get thrown into the mix of the narrative... and then before you could even figure out if things should make sense or not, this happens:

I think I now know why the relationship meter is called "Lily Rank".

No comments: