○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, March 9, 2012

Go Go Origin?

As you may know, I am a big fan of Valve's Steam. I really would rather have all of my Personal Computer games delivered to me digitally by Steam. That is the only reason why I was not a big fan of Electronic Arts' Origin and Ubisoft's Uplay. I have found a cool feature of Origin today however that has made me view Origin in a completely different light. I was made aware that EA has allowed some retail copies to be registered into Origin and that the list of older games that will be support this feature will be continually expanded. Though I wasn't able to register my retail copy of Crysis into Origin, I did manage to add Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition into the client.

Now that is cool!

Why is this so special? Well, if anything were to happen to your retail discs, you can now just download the games from the Origin client. Actually, you don't have to worry about using your retail discs again if you have a fast enough connection because you can just have the client install the games for you. Imagine if Sony allows for this on the PlayStation Vita where you can just register your PlayStation Portable games in some fashion and get the digital version of the games for free. But of course Sony would never allow that to happen. I do have quite a number of EA Personal Computer game discs in my Game Library so I am looking forward to register, or at least attempt to, all of them into Origin.

No comments: