○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Friday, March 9, 2012

Now Playing PC Mass Effect 3

The spouse decided to end my weekday with a bang this morning by giving me a marvelous gift: the activation code for BioWare's Mass Effect 3 for the Personal Computer. This means that the self-fulfilling, nasty human Commander is back! Ingrid Shepard will once again put her gaudy make up on and show the entire galaxy that she is not to be triffled with by eliminating the Reaper threat while finding some time to f*ck another subordinate - even though during the last outing, that didn't work out so well when she ended up with a turian. Ah, the life of a Systems Alliance Commander...

Ready to Renegade her way through all incoming situations. Don't mess with Ingrid!

I have played through the game's prologue and though it felt somewhat rushed, it was better than the way that Mass Effect 2 began because it didn't involve some implausible situation to accommodate players who are new to the franchise. I have heard that some people were having problems with transferring their previous character data into the game but that didn't happen to me. The concerning thing here is the fact that like the previous game, this PC version suffers horribly from inheriting the awful low resolution texture works from the X-Box 360 version. The game runs smoothly at 60 frames per second at native 1920 x 1080, which is of course a galaxy-wide improvement over the console versions, but those awful textures marred what could have been a handsome looking game. BioWare did release a high resolution texture pack for Dragon Age II on the PC shortly after release so let's hope that the same will happen to this game. If I didn't get so hooked on the idea of Ingrid kicking @$$ and taking names, I probably would have waited a couple of weeks before continuing to play this game just to see if those high-res textures could make it into the game so that I wouldn't have to get to the very beginning of ME3 again.

No comments: