○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, September 8, 2008

Nintendo: Repent Before Repeat?

I was shocked to see that Nintendo released Cho Aniki and Final Soldier, both TurboGrafx-16 classics, on the Virtual Console today. Two great shooters in one day? Can it be true? After looking at numerous videos of the Wii versions and originals, I decided to download both of them and I soon confirmed that these games are safe from the troubling hit-flash-disease that plagued the recent releases of shooters on the console. I think there may be some minute alterations done on the flashes in Final Soldier but since I really can't tell the difference, it's either the changes were very subtle or none were made whatsoever. At least these releases make me feel better about things - perhaps it's a way for Nintendo to say that they are not going to have hit-flashes censored again - but I would like to see them properly re-release the impacted games I mentioned in my previous article to call it even.


There is still no re-release of Star Parodier and Ninja Commando
so the future is still uncertain: Will the next batch of shooters be as lucky?

No comments: