○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, June 10, 2013

PS4: The PS+ Factor

Sony's E3 press conference today may have signified a dominating win over Microsoft's weak showing earlier this morning with the PlayStation 4 being $100 less at $399, ready for your preorder and its insistence of using physical game distribution but for me, I found myself being alienated to a point of no return away from the console. This is due to the fact that online multiplayer on the PS4 will require a PlayStation Plus subscription and I do not believe in paying money to access the online multiplayer portion of a game. It looks like for this next cycle of supposed "next generation" consoles, I am just going to stick with Nintendo's Wii U while enjoying whatever game that may land on the Personal Computer.

If you think this is good news, you are mistaken.

Sony's bold, money hungry move involving the PS+ came as a surprise to me but less shocking was the fact that they are still shying away from exclusive digital distribution. I personally believe that it's time that we move away from games in physical form but unless you have spent a lot of time gaming on the PC, the whole concept becomes too alien and scary and Sony's cowardice ensures that things will stay that way for a long time to come. Oh well, at least I know that Sony and Microsoft will be diligently working on the successor for both the PS4 and X-Box One soon after those consoles are released so I won't be waiting that long to possibly get back into both the PlayStation/X-Box brand.

No comments: