○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Vita's First Real Outing

It was easy for me to criticize the PlayStation Vita like I did recently in regards to its cross-buy feature but sometimes, I have to place the Vita inside the right environment to allow it to show its shine. I have mentioned in the past that playing the Vita in the bedroom, away from my gaming hub that is my Game Room, is quite a treat but that is nothing like the experience I had with it today. The venue? How about a place away from home? More specifically, what we are talking about here is the hospital waiting room. The spouse had to undergo surgery this morning - everything went well and the prognosis is good - and as you could probably imagine, sitting in that waiting room was quite a stressful time for me. I had to make a decision before leaving the house between taking the Nintendo 3DS or the Vita with me and I am so glad that I picked the Vita. In that sterile, desolate landscape, the Vita transported me away to a more cheerful place via PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and you know what? I was even able to participate in my first online free-for-all match over the crappy hospital Wi-Fi without any connection loss nor lag! I didn't win the match but I had a blast:

I should only play my Vita when I'm outside of the Game Room.

As I was playing sitting there playing the Vita, I could appreciate the clarify and richness of the system's display, even though it's not even high definition, and I was thankful that the graphics were indeed nice enough. I surely wished that I had fully charged up the system last night though because I couldn't keep playing the Vita for the entirety of my wait but I had no one else to blame but myself. Thanks Vita for being there for me in my time of need.

3 comments:

Chalgyr said...

Glad to see the system getting some mileage from you. I've been playing my Vita quite a bit the last few weeks as I have been much more on the go of late. All-stars, Uncharted and Persona 4 have made up the majority of my play on it.

Loner Gamer said...

That Vita Uncharted never seems to want to drop down in price lol. I want to get it when it hits like $19.99. Have you played Persona 4 before on the PlayStation 2? I have and I am wondering if it's worth another go on the Vita when I can just replay it on my PC via PCSX2. They even got a widescreen patch going via the PCSX2 but from what I understand, they made some changes to the game for the Vita version.

Chalgyr said...

I lucked out on Uncharted and nabbed it as a PS+ freebie a while back. It is good, but I don't think it's as good as the console titles 1-3.

I had not played Persona 4 prior to this. My only other Persona title was part 1 back on the PS1 many moons ago. That said, I have heard there is some additional content, and that the visuals are improved - but I get the feeling that the game is largely the same as before with some tweaks here and there. It's awesome - but I don't have the original to compare against, sorry.