○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Saturday, March 3, 2012

So Glad I Didn't Get a Vita

I went to my favorite electronics store two hours ago and I was able to check out the PlayStation Vita for the first time. At first, I was so excited to be able to finally hold the Vita in my hands but that excitement quickly turned into utter disappointment. The first thing I noticed was that the Vita just didn't feel right in my hands, perhaps it was a bit too light and too thin. The supposedly "real" analog sticks were so small and sloppy. To be honest, I actually prefer the slide stick on the PlayStation Portable and the Nintendo 3DS. Then, came the utterly ridiculous load times to get to the 3 game demos that I tested. We are talking about worse than PlayStation Portable load times here. It was so long that at one point, my spouse laughed and told me that the device may be broken. The scariest thing about this is that the demos were installed into the Vita itself! When I got home, I went online to check the load time for the actual game cards and apparently, those are quite lengthy as well. What? This is utter rubbish. Lastly, when the games actually loaded up, I was so disappointed with the graphics. PlayStation 3 quality my anus. Some of those texture works - I tried both the new WipEout and Uncharted - were ugly and the way that the visuals were displayed on that over-hyped OLED screen made them look like they were made for the PlayStation 2. Yeah, the Vita is pretty much dead to me. I will just stick with the 3DS thank you very much! The coolest thing about not getting a Vita is that I will not be missing anything because the games released on it are already available or will be eventually be on the PlayStation 3.

The worst way to spend your $249.99 + crazy memory card price.

No comments: