○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, July 5, 2012

PS3 1TB Collagen Injection Complete

The 1TB 2.5" hard disk drive that I have ordered for the PlayStation 3 has finally arrived this afternoon and it didn't take long to get it placed inside the console. The restore process is still rapidly in progress at the moment and just like the back-up, the estimate time of completion is merely 2 hours. This reminds me of the time when I upgraded my launch PS3 with a larger HDD - I considered 120GB large enough at that time, quite funny is it not? - but of course that unit died yeah, I don't plan on owning future launch consoles for the rest of my life.

You know that you are intimate with your PS3 after you have flipped it upside down.

As for the old 160GB, it has now become my latest external Personal Computer HDD.

2 comments:

Chalgyr said...

That's a nice, beefy update. Considering I'm almost out of space on my 250 gb console, I'm a bit jealous. :)

Loner Gamer said...

You should definitely upgrade it unless you don't mind deleting those mandatory installs because if I did just that, perhaps the 160GB would last me another year at least. But I have been downloading a lot of chunky PSN Store games.

Anything less than 1TB is not acceptable anymore in the current gaming meta. All future game consoles and handhelds should come with at least that much internal hard drive space. The PlayStation Vita failed that requirement horribly and I have a feeling that the Nintendo Wii U will disappoint in that regards as well.