○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Monday, July 30, 2012

Double Milestone Celebration

The recent Steam Summer Sale had pushed the total number of Personal Computer games I have into the 500+ mark - it is currently at 507 as of 07/22/2012 to be precise. Those inductions also propelled the total count to 2600 games cross platforms! With the bloated influx of recent inductees, it should be obvious that I am still suffering from a severe case of Steamoroid. This means that things are definitely going to slow down when it comes to the actual hunt and the focus will shift more towards the application portion of my video gaming hobby. My hunger for new gaming experiences is insatiable but ever since I contracted Steamoroid, that desire becomes less overwhelming. I can tell because normally throughout the day, I would be feverishly looking for gaming things that are new and interesting to me but I haven't been doing that lately. The only bad thing about having Steamoroid is that gaming outside of the PC matters less these days: rubbing Rx ointment on my Wii to start the healing process.

The future 500+ additions will be all digital I am sure. Love that pleasant thought!

2 comments:

Chalgyr said...

Congrats and ouch at the same time. I really bulked up on Steam games last year, but I've been holding off for the most part this year. My gaming catalog has just gotten way too backed up.

Loner Gamer said...

Thanks. The whole "backlog" thing is never an issue for me because It's all about gaining access to those games at anytime I am in the mood for them. I am realizing more and more however that games should be cheaper than what they are being normally sold for. So when the opportunity arises to add more, I will do it without having to worry about time, which is something that we really have no control over. I can always attempt to make time but the satisfactory feeling of being able to access all these different games at my choosing is something I can cherish and certainly something I can always be happy about.