○ Video Games ○ Humanity ○ Individuality ○ True Freedom ○ Be Free ○
Every single time you visit this site, you directly support my efforts and spread my message - Thank you!

Explore My Game Room

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Great Timing for a Steam Sale

After what must have been an incredibly suspenseful wait - I really thought they would skip it this year because it took so long - the Valve's Steam Summer Sale is finally here. Which is a bit irritating actually because my Personal Computer is sick at the moment. Yesterday, it caught a potent little Trojan that pretty much rendered it absolutely useless. I am not even sure where it came - I was scouring several gaming forums when my security measures went completely bonkers. I have tried everything I could to eliminate the threat and spent all night into the wee hours of the morning working on it but alas, I was left with the option of a clean install. Thankfully, there is nothing that I am particularly interested in from the sale today and I am also taking this clean install as an opportunity to relocate my User and ProgramData folders out of my C Drive because these monstrous files take up so much space. Even if there was something that I wanted however, I could always make a purchase to my account - digital download is such a beautiful thing.

It was definitely the nastiest PC virus I have ever encountered in my lifetime.

Of course this means that my PC is pretty much out of commission for the day and when all is done with the installation and updates, I will have to reinstall my games. With my recent Internet speed bump, the process will be less frustrating but truth be told, my only concern is to get Diablo III and League of Legends back onto the PC as quickly as possible. Speaking of Diablo III, yesterday for the first time, I felt a huge wave of boredom creeping in while I was leveling up my Wizard who is in the 40s at the moment. I kept nodding off both in single and public games until I decided to do something else - which of course led to the virus infestation, so perhaps the lords of hell had something to do with this whole mess. I have been playing the game too much so it's important that I stop forcing myself to play it just because I am impatient about getting all of the classes to max level before I start going through the Inferno levels again. It's not like I don't have other games to play but I have a feeling that some extended LoL sessions will do the trick to reinvigorate my passion for Diablo III. Ah, it's a time like this that I really need a nice warm hug but the spouse is out of state travelling for the rest of the week! Oh well, at least Yoshi is here.

No comments: